Protest against Ealing Southall MP Virendra SharmaSat 06 May 2017
The protest outside the AbuBakr mosque on Friday 5rd May 2017 was arranged at very short notice to remind Ealing Southall MP Virendra Sharma that he cannot remain silent on the issue.
Members of different faith groups have already stated that Virendra Sharma should NOT be making these types of statements. They are united in opposition to them.
The primary cause of the protest is what Mr Sharma said about Pakistan and terrorism.
The secondary cause of the protest is what he said about human right abuses by India in Kashmir.
He has also pissed off the Sikh community by allegations made by various other people.
The small protest was organised by Councillor Nisar Malik.
Those who voiced their opinions were:
- Cllr. Nisar Malik, Mayor of Hounslow during 2015/2016 and MD of Haji Baba Ltd
- Mr Asif Khawaja, chairman of the Jamia Masjid, Southall
- Qari Muhammad Amin Chisti, Imam of the Jamia Masjid, Southall
- Shahi Sahib, AbuBakr Mosque, Southall
- Khawaja Mustanir Ahmad of Dar ul Ehsan
- Dalawar Chaudhry, a well known business owner in Southall
- Bhangu Singh, Southall resident
More updates to follow.
If you have a local news story, share it with the rest of Southall, by using the contact form.