Kashmir and the controversial Citizenship Amendment ActDate: Thu 12 Mar 2020
Time: 6:30pm to 8:30pm
The Southall Resists Forum will discuss the events in Kashmir and the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA).
We hope these Forum debates will encourage critical analysis, improve community understanding and build tolerance.
Forum meetings are free, open to all and I do hope you may be able to join us.
Since last year there have been significant events in India including:
- Jammu and Kashmir being under lockdown since August 2019
- Citizenship (Amendment) Act enacted in December 2019
- Plans to establish a National Register of Citizens (NRC)
- Horrific recent violence and unrest in Delhi
What is happening in India?
- Is there an increase in divisive communalism?
- Are we witnessing a rise in authoritarianism, police crackdown in universities, and suppression of protest?
- Does this matter to us in the UK?
These and other questions will be raised and discussed at our meeting on Thursday 12 March.
The event is organised by Southall Resists. Monthly meetings will be organised, throughout 2020, to encourage debate and discussion on critical and timely issues affecting Southall and the international community and to strengthen our knowledge, resilience and resistance
Southall Town Hall,
If you have a local event, kindly share with the rest of Southall, by sending it to us via email.