VisitSouthall    ساؤتھآل    ਸਾਊਥਹਾਲ

House fire on Sussex Road, Southall

Fri 19 Jan 2024
A house fire on Sussex Road in Southall was tackled by six fire engines and approximately 40 firefighters.

The incident resulted in damage to part of the ground floor of a terraced house. Fortunately, a woman left the building before the Fie Brigade's arrival and received on-site assessment by London Ambulance Service crews.

The fire is believed to have been accidental, originating from a candle placed too close to combustible materials.

A spokesperson for the London Fire Brigade emphasized the common risk associated with candles, stressing the importance of never leaving them unattended and ensuring a safe distance from flammable items.


The Fire Brigade recommends using their online Home Fire Safety Checker to make sure there are no hidden hazards in your home.

"The online tool will ask you a series of questions that will help us work out the level of risk in your home, or the home of someone you care for. It only takes a few minutes to get tailored advice to keep yourself and loved ones safe from fire."

The incident was reported at 15:15, and by 16:37, the fire was under control. Fire crews from Southall, Hayes, Ealing, and Heston fire stations attended the scene.

If you have a local news story, share it with the rest of Southall, by using the contact form.